Public Transport TerminalBreda
You’re working in the eye of the storm, pulled this way and that by conflicting interests."
Koen van Velsen Architect
ProRail, NS Poort, City of Breda
Project execution since spring 2012; scheduled for completion in autumn 2016.
- Railway station able to accommodate up to 57,000 passengers a day (7 tracks and 3 platforms, 16 trains an hour, including 4 high-speed shuttles).
- Bus terminal able to accommodate up to 38,000 passengers a day (platforms for 20 buses).
- Approximately 6000 m2 of commercial premises, including 4 hospitality businesses and station facilities.
- Approximately 20,000 m2 of office space.
- 147 flats.
- Bicycle stalls for approximately 4,200 bicycles.
- Terminal rooftop parking facilities with 720 parking spaces.
- Public areas.
Coordinating construction manager / in charge of site management.
Photo credits: René de Wit